Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
Are you wondering how to use Zoom Virtual Backgrounds or how do you put a background on Zoom? What are Zoom Virtual Backgrounds anyway?
In this digital age many meetings are happening everywhere through online virtual meeting tools – from living rooms to cafes and anywhere beyond the office. One of the most popular virtual conferencing platforms is Zoom. The Zoom virtual meeting platform enables us to not only connect with our business colleagues but also keep in touch with friends and family members online when we can not meet with them in person. Using Zoom you can connect with others by audio, video, or both through the Zoom meeting interface. There are several different subscriptions, but the free Zoom subscription allows users for up to 100 participants for up to 40 minutes at a time. To get started you can download the Zoom Client for meetings here.
Not all of us have the luxury of a home office, and let’s admit it, our personal areas are not always as tidy and distraction free as we may like. With the increased concerns over security and privacy it is also a good idea to keep our private areas private and minimize the amount of information we allow the public to view when working from home or on location.
One of the best features about the Zoom virtual meeting platform is that you can replace the background that shows behind you while participating in a meeting. Using a Zoom virtual background is the best way to ensure your private areas stay private, and that you look great while online. By choosing a custom virtual background you can ensure you look professional during business meetings, and let your personality shine through with something a little more fun when meeting with friends and family.
How to Use Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
Here’s how to change your Zoom virtual background:
To begin, ensure that you have turned on the “Use Virtual Background” option under Settings>Meetings
From your computer before a meeting:
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client on your computer
- Click on your profile picture
- Select “settings”
- Check off “I have a green screen” if you are using a green or other solid color background (your virtual background effect will look the best if you use a green screen background)
- Choose a virtual background by selecting the + icon then navigate to the folder where you saved your Zoom Background Images
Add a zoom virtual background during a meeting:
- Locate the pop-up “more” menu (usually three dots or lines or “^” symbol) at the bottom of the video window
- Select “Choose Virtual Background”
- Click the + icon
- Navigate to the folder where you downloaded your Zoom Background Images
- Select the Zoom Background Image you would like to use
Are you having troubles getting Zoom virtual backgrounds for your meetings to work? Ensure you have familiarized yourself with the technical requirements to run Zoom meetings and follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get all of the latest news from Zoom Virtual Backgrounds.
For the best Zoom backgrounds to add to your collection check out our Starter Pack. It’s filled with 300 of the best virtual backgrounds for Zoom that are perfectly sized and curated just for Zoom meetings!